Instructions for authors
MODERN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY
(Editorial Policies and Procedures)
The editorial board accepts manuscripts that must be solely the work of the author(s) stated, must not have been previously published elsewhere, and must not be under consideration by another journal. Manuscript to journal for consideration and peer review should be submitted via the online e-mail: email@example.com (the file is named after the first author’s name in Latin letters).
Authors are responsible for the scientific content of the material.
MANUSCRIPT CATEGORIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The size of A4 paper, the width of all fields is 2 cm. Times New Roman font 12 points, interval 1.15, without hyphenation.
Description: Original Research should present data that have not yet been published.
Limit 10 pages, excluding abstract and references.
Figures/Tables: Total of no more than 8 figures and tables.
Original Research should be formatted as follows:
The full names of the authors and academic degrees;
The author’s institutional affiliations where the work was conducted;
MANUSCRIPT TITLE (the title should not contain abbreviations).
Abstract: Must be structured under the sub-headings: Objective(s), Methods, Results, Conclusion, and Keywords (please, provide 5–8 keywords).
MATERIALS AND METHODS
The section displays:
- the principle of selection and quantitative characteristics of observations, objects or material for research;
- distribution of research objects into groups;
- description of the applied methods of clinical, experimental, pathomorphological or laboratory research (the medical terms are given according to the anatomical, histological nomenclature, in SI system physical quantities and units).
In the section of the statistical analysis carried out, the following aspects should be displayed as informatively as possible:
– links to statistical packages or programs used in data analysis:
– it is necessary to indicate the names of the used statistical methods and criteria, and given that parametric methods and criteria have restrictive conditions for correct application, it is necessary to be sure to report on checking the possibility of their use;
– Characteristic of observations (indicators, variables, data) – quantitative and/or qualitative;
– define all statistical terms, symbols and abbreviations. For example, M is the arithmetic mean, Me is the median, Mo is a mod, SD is the standard deviation, RQ is the interquartile scale, and others. According to the results of the check of statistical hypotheses, it is not permissible to use expressions of the type «p < 0,05», the specific values of the achieved level of statistical significance should be given (p = 0,015). The designation «p < 0,05» can be used at a level of significance less than 0,0001.
Human Studies and Subjects
For manuscripts reporting medical studies that involve human participants, a statement identifying the ethics committee that approved the study and confirmation that the study conforms to recognized standards is required in the Methods Section, for example: Declaration of Helsinki; US Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects; or European Medicines Agency Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice.
A statement indicating that the protocol and procedures employed were ethically reviewed and approved, as well as the name of the body giving approval, must be included in the Methods section of the manuscript. Authors are encouraged to adhere to animal research reporting standards, for example the ARRIVE reporting guidelines for reporting study design and statistical analysis; experimental procedures; experimental animals and housing and husbandry. Authors should also state whether experiments were performed in accordance with relevant institutional and national guidelines for the care and use of laboratory animals:
– US authors should cite compliance with the US National Research Council’s Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, the US Public Health Service’s Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, and Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
– UK authors should conform to UK legislation under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 Amendment Regulations (SI 2012/3039).
– European authors outside the UK should conform to Directive 2010/63/EU.
RESULTS and DISCUSSION
REFERENCES: 50 references (max).
Limit 6 pages, excluding abstract and references.
Figures/Tables: No more than a total of 5 figures and tables
Description: Case reports should describe encounters with one or several patients with unique or unusual clinical situations and identify a clinical relevance that could benefit future patients.
Case Reports should be formatted as follows:
The full names of the authors and academic degrees and author’s institutional affiliations
MANUSCRIPT TITLE (the title should not contain abbreviations).
DISCUSSION and CONCLUSION
REFERENCES: 20 references (max).
LECTURES AND REVIEWS
Limit 15 pages, excluding abstract and references.
Manuscriptshould be formatted as follows:
The full names of the author(s) and academic degrees and author’s institutional affiliations
LECTURE or REVIEW TITLE (the title should not contain abbreviations).
REFERENCES: 85 references (max).
Tables should be self-contained and complement, not duplicate, information contained in the text. They should be supplied as editable files, not pasted as images (should be built in the Microsoft Word editor). Legends should be concise but comprehensive – the table, legend, and footnotes for tables must be understandable without reference to the text. All abbreviations must be defined in footnotes. Statistical designations (measures) should be identified in the headings.
The reference to the table in the text is obligatory.Limit 6–8 tables.
All images must have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi, width 107 mm. Main figure heading should be in 10 point Times New Roman font BOLD. Legends should be in 10 point, single spaced
However, for peer-review purposes, a wide variety of formats, sizes, and resolutions are accepted.
Legends should be concise but comprehensive – the figure and its legend must be understandable without reference to the text. Include definitions of any symbols used and define/explain all abbreviations and units of measurement. Limit 8 figures.
Patient photos are submitted with their written consent or in such a way that the patient’s individual could not be established.
Figures submitted in color may be reproduced in color online free of charge. Please note, however, that it is preferable that line figures (e.g. graphs and charts) are supplied in black and white so that they are legible.
Recommended international non-proprietary name (rINN) is required.
Level of Evidence for original research, clinical cases, reviews and lectures.
References should preferably contain works for the last 5 years. All references should be numbered consecutively in order of appearance in the manuscript and with using Arabic numerals in square brackets.
Sample references follow:
1.Hartmann, JT, Einhorn L, Nichols CR et al. Second-Line Chemotherapy in Patients with Relapsed extragonadal in on seminomatous Germ Cell Tumors: Results of an International Multicenter Analysis. J. Clin. Oncol. 2001; 19 (6):1641–48.
2.Sambur MB. Immunoglobulin E production in patients with laryngeal papillomatosis. Zhurnal vushnykh, nosovykh і gorlovykh khvorob. 2016; 2: 4–8.
Please note that journal title abbreviations should conform to the practices of Index Medicus.
Sanna M, Devaiah AK, Kirtane MV, de Souza CE. Otology and Neurotology (Otolaryng- Head and Neck Surgery). New York: Thieme; 2013. 520 p.
American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2003. http://www.cancer.org/downloads/STT/CAFF2003PWSecured.pdf. Accessed March 3, 2003.
Abstracts of theses
Author. Thesis title (PhD or MD). Year. City. Country.
Conflict of Interest Statement
Authors will be asked to provide a conflict of interest statement during the manuscript submission process. Authors should ensure they liaise with all co-authors to confirm agreement with the final statement of the manuscript edited.
Information about the authors and the address for correspondence
At the end of the article is the information about the authors: surname, name of place of work, position, academic degree and e-mail address for correspondence (published in the journal).
Send articles to:
Editorial office of the «MODERN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY» journal, Ukraine, Zaporizhzhya, 69096, boulevard Vintera, 20, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost of publication
The cost of 1 page at the size of A4 paper, the width of all fields is 2 cm. Times New Roman font 12 points, interval 1.15, without hyphenation – 80 hryvnia per page.
The editorial fee covers the costs associated with editing and reviewing the article and printing the journal.
DETAILS FOR PAYMENT:
Recipient’s code: 33327826
Name of organization: ЗБФСРМ «Громадське здоров’я»
Purpose of payment: In pursuance of statutory activities.